Wednesday, January 26, 2011

day 25

I realized last night that I had not taken a photo for the day and I also realized that I did not have any camera with me other than my phone. So here you go....

Day 25...
Living in the city can be expensive.... and for kids, there are soooo many high priced activity options out there. Yesterday was a very good example of the many great low/no cost activities for kids here. Alex started out his evening at his park district sports class. It is ridiculously cheap... $14 for the whole term (Jan-Mar). It meets once a week and sometimes even twice a week. The coaches are really great... fun, supportive, knowledgeable. And, as an added bonus, there is a really good group of kids in the class. This is the class that participates in all of the different tournaments... he loves it! I sure wish we would have tried it out sooner. Last night I knew I was going to be late picking him up so we talked to the coach and he was able to stay for the next class (same class, just next age group up). He had a blast!! They played flag football. He was red, sweaty, and worn out when I picked him up.

When I picked him up, we were off to grab a quick dinner before his next activity... junior book club at the library. This is free. We did this a couple of years ago and he loved it.... last year it just didn't work into our schedule and this year, I just completely forgot about it. A few weeks ago we ran into one of Alex's friends from book club who asked him why he hadn't been coming and told him, rather excitedly, about their current book (A Crack in the Sky). We stopped by the library later that week, picked it up, and rejoined book club. He loves to read, and he really loves having someone to discuss the book with. We discovered so many great books during our previous year in book club, he's excited to see what we find now that we're back.

No comments:

Post a Comment