Sunday, January 09, 2011

Wolves...

Turns out that this was a big weekend for the "friends" part of my priorities this new year.

Clara attended a slumber party Friday night. She was so excited about it! It was with her friends from ballet. They had been planning some kind of party ever since Nutcracker and they finally got their wish. These girls have become pretty close over the past year... I'm so thrilled that Clara has such good friends in her classes.

Saturday night was my time for friends! My birthday present from Jeff was a night out with my friends, Tracy and Gwen. We started the night out at a restaurant called Hot Chocolate (it was very yummy... especially dessert) and ended with the night by seeing Wicked! I had wanted to see Wicked for years, but it never worked out for us to go when it was here before. I really, really enjoyed it. We had such a good time and it was so nice to be out and not be "mom" for a little while.

While I was out with my friends... Jeff and the kids were out with theirs! Gwen's husband thought it would be fun to take the kids to the Chicago Wolves Hockey game while we were out. Jeff and the kids had never been before.... so they were up to try something new.

They had a great time....

(not sure what's with the silly faces)

They yelled, they cheered, they danced and they sang. They really loved it!

1 comment:

  1. A night out without the kids and since they were out too, no feeling guilty.....sounds fabulous.

    Glad you had a chance to just enjoy being out.

    ReplyDelete