Saturday, January 29, 2011

days 27 and 28....

I'm not sure what happened yesterday... I never did get my post done! So, maybe I won't end up posting every day, but often enough to keep my momentum up.

Day 27...
... I wish I could say that this was just a particularly messy day in Clara's room... but sadly, this was a rather neat day :-) She had no school the next day so, although she had to be in her room, she didn't have to be in bed. I came in to say "goodnight"... and this is what I found. Clara playing with her American Girl dolls... beds made with their pj's laid out... fixing their hair. She is growing up so fast in so many ways, but it makes me so glad to see that she's still my little girl, playing with dolls.

Day 28....
... Clara didn't have school yesterday, so after lunch we went to Macy's on State so she could look at dresses for the daddy daughter dance next weekend. Jeff and I had bought a couple already for her to try on (thankfully they're returnable)... but she just didn't love either of them. Pickings were getting slim on the holiday dress clearance racks, so I wasn't sure if we would find anything any better. Well.... she did. She found the dress that she is totally in love with. She told me later that she loved it so much that she just couldn't stop looking at herself in it!! I snapped the photo above with my point and shoot (flash off) as she tested the "twirliness" of it. With only three other stops, we were able to find the perfect shoes AND the perfect jewelry to go with the perfect dress. Now my only other quandaries are tights and hair. What color tights? White? And I am so not good at hair! I totally had to talk her out of a tiara that she wanted to wear with the dress. I've been googling ideas, but they've all seemed too complicated. Oh well... we'll think of something.

Today I'm home alone again (well, except for the dogs). Jeff took the kids to WI to ski for the day again. Just got a text and they're having a blast! I'm fully enjoying my day of not having to go ANYwhere.... but I'll be glad when they're back home!

1 comment:

  1. LOOOVE the colour of that dress! It looks like it passes the twirliness test :)

    ReplyDelete