Monday, January 24, 2011

the weekend...

Not a whole lot to report about our weekend to be honest. Friday night Clara coughed all night long so we decided to lay low on Saturday. She didn't go to her make-up ballet class or have her playdate with her friend like we had planned. She really just needed to stay home and rest so she can finally get over this crud. Alex had his young ensemble group for a few hours that afternoon and was so excited to be back! Saturday night was family game night again and a photo from that will eventually be my photo of the day. We played Pay Day and then a round of Disney's Guilty Party on the wii (we love that game.. well, the kids and I more than Jeff).

Sunday was church. While the kids stayed for choir, Jeff and I went to Macy's to look for dresses for Clara. On Saturday, Jeff picked up tickets for him, Clara and her friends (and their dads) to all go to a Daddy/Daughter Valentine's Dance next month! The girls are sooooooo excited to get all dressed up and go dancing! Clara has never really had a fancy party dress before so we thought now might be a good time to get her one.... she has the occasion to wear it and the holiday dresses are on clearance right now. We picked out a couple to bring home and try on... now for her to make a decision so we can return the other dress.

Once we got home, the kids got into their Chicago Bears gear...
See the hope and excitement on their faces? :-)

Clara and I went off to her Sunday ballet class as the game was starting...
.... that is the one and only photo I took there. They're usually in the big, front studio, but yesterday they started out in the small, back studio. You can't tell it really because I shot this with my wide angle lens... but I was really close to them. So, me hanging out by the door with my camera was a big distraction. I took this shot and then moved to the couch to chat with the moms.

When Clara and I got home, we settled in to watch the game with the boys....
... this is the view from my seat (please forgive the extremely grainy photo).... Clara toes, Mango ears, Jeff's back, and a blurry, fidgety Alex. He did NOT take the loss well.... and spent some time flailing around on the floor after it was over.

We got everyone to bed early another night so we would all be ready to start the week!

Happy Monday! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment