Wednesday, January 12, 2011

oh those pants...

Not a chance that I'll lose him in a snow drift, is there?

Oh how I regret purchasing those bright green pants. I thought it was a good idea at the time. He was on a swim team whose colors were green and black... he had a black team sweatshirt with green lettering.... I thought these would be good to go with it to wear at meets. That would have been just fine had he confined his wearing of the pants just to meets.... but, sadly, he did not. He decided to wear them yet again yesterday and this time he paired it up with a forest green Yoda t-shirt. The coach of his sports class (a woman) asked me what was with all of the green when she saw him. I had no other excuse other than he's male.... and, in his world, what matches green pants is a green shirt (regardless of the shade of green). He has a blue t-shirt with blue track pants picked out for Thursday.... but that combo is definitely less jarring than the green.

On the way home, he told me he had a bit of bad news.... he had worn holes in the knees sliding into bases during their kickball game.... let me tell you, I was crushed :-)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Clara can take the fabric and turn into an Ugly Doll for him?

    Or the brightest American Girl pajamas EVER :-)

    I can keep the ideas coming...or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at this one. I love your comment about in a males world green matches with green, blue with blue, etc. I had to teach Cade about that last year too. They just don't get it. lol

    ReplyDelete