Monday, September 29, 2014

Project Life 2014: Week 34, part two

And now here's the rest of week 34...

The cousins left Thursday afternoon and grandpa and grandma showed up that evening.  A few hours later we were in the ER with Clara... sigh.

The first broken bone of the summer (yes... there's more to come).  The story is on the layout, but it's tiny on here.  So basically... back in June at Nationals in Myrtle Beach, Clara jumped into the pool at the hotel.  BUT, it was shallower than she thought and she smacked her toes on her right foot into the bottom of the pool.  Her second toe swelled a little, turned reddish purple and hurt some, but it was nationals, so she had to keep dancing.  We honestly did not think it was broken, just bruised and a little scraped up from hitting the pool bottom.  It was fairly quickly back to normal, so she just kept going with dance, tumbling and general summer stuff.  Flash forward to that Thursday night... she was just standing there at the pool talking to me and she leaned forward onto the toes of her right foot.  She suddenly turned bright red and big huge Clara tears started rolling down her cheeks (and those of you who know her, know what I'm talking about with the "Clara tears").  I seriously thought she was being dramatic, because she was just standing there!  But then she showed me her toe and it had doubled in size already and was dark purple.  So it was off to the ER.  Their diagnosis was that she had fractured her toe before in June, it had never healed properly and her small movement that day was enough to pop that piece of bone off.  Lovely.  Three weeks in her stylish new shoe and a recheck with an orthopedic doctor back home to determine the full course of action. Good times.

So, as you can probably tell, the photos in the layout are way out of order.  I really don't know what happened when I was adding them, but given that layout encompasses just three days, I'm trying not to get too worked up about it.  Something else I'm trying to let go on is including pictures of myself in my PL book.  That's something I really wanted to work on for this year.  I was doing better and including more photos than usual, but they were only ones I thought were pretty good photos.  Now I'm trying to take that a step further and include the not so great ones... the candids, the action shots, etc.  While we were playing bean bag one night, Alex decided to pick up my camera, switch it to auto and take photos while we played.  I'm not a huge fan of the photo I decided to use, but it's real.  It's me, playing bean bag with my girl being a goof in the background.  Being the primary photographer for this project, I don't have a lot of these types of photos but I'm trying to let go and use then when I do.

Main kit for this spread (links on Pinterest)...


No comments:

Post a Comment