Friday, September 19, 2014

Road Trip 2014: Day 10

Okay... this day is a BIG one.  We did a LOT on day 10.  It was a crazy day, but we had so much fun and saw a lot of cool things.


First stop of the day was Wall Drug.  I'd heard about it for years, but had never been!  We had originally planned to go past it and go to the badlands first, coming back for lunch.  But we decided as we approached the town of Wall, that we would just go to Wall Drug first.

It was so much fun...
So much to see and do... all of it a bit cheesy, but that's what made it so fun!  So many things to choose from for the travel journal!  I ended up buying a postcard, the "where the heck is wall drug" sticker and a Wall Drug sticker book which included stickers for lots of other attractions in the area (the Mount Rushmore sticker from day 9 came from this book).

I journaled on the back of the postcard this time.  We also picked up Wall Drug brochures/maps...

It had lots of good information, so I wanted to include it in a way that you could see it all...

This was the one brochure from the trip that I didn't want to lose the information on the back when I attached it to the page, so I took a second one that I had and glued it to the back of the page.
We thought we were just there for a quick stop, so the kids got maple frosted donuts for a snack.  But then we decided that we weren't sure where we would find lunch around the badlands, so we thought it would make sense to have an early lunch at Wall Drug.  Their cafe menus were printed for you to take as souvenirs, so I took one and included our lunch selection on a page.

Second stop... Badlands National Park...
It was so amazing there!  I really couldn't believe the scenery!  No photo could do it justice, but this vintage postcard came the closest, so I bought it!  I also bought the badlands sticker on the left.  The cute little prairie dog came from my Wall Drug sticker book.

The third stop of the day was a surprise stop!  We pulled in to a gas station and there on the side of the parking lot was the Minuteman Missile National Historic Site.  The missile silo wasn't there (it was a little ways away, but the information about it was there, plus it was where you would get your ticket to see it if you wanted to).  So, while my dad filled up the car, the kids earned another junior ranger badge!
I bought a post card for my book.

I decided to put the passport stamps on the back of the postcard this time.
They had two there... one for the information center and one for the missile silo.  I got them both even though we didn't go to the silo.

I also picked up a brochure...


Last stop of the day was the Corn Palace...

We got there late in the day, so we didn't stop for too long.  I picked up a brochure and a post card.

I journaled on the back of the postcard and added a photo to it as well...
This was the first time that I put a photo on a postcard in my book, but I like how it turned out.

And finally, my project life page....


No comments:

Post a Comment