Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Road Trip 2014: Day 9

Day 9 was a day of sightseeing around Rapid City.  We were staying two nights in the same hotel, so it was really nice not to have to pack and load up that morning before heading out.


First stop of the day was Bear Country U.S.A.  It was so nice not to have all of the luggage in the car for this stop.  Lots of room for everyone to move around for the best view of the animals as we drove through the park.

Here I picked up a brochure/card and a post card for my travel journal...

Next we were off to Mount Rushmore...

These pages are a bit sparse, because I accidentally flipped two pages instead of one when I was working on my book.  My original plan was for three pages of Mount Rushmore stuff.  But when I flipped too many pages, I had to stretch it out to four pages.  I bought the big sticker above and the post card below from the gift shop for my journal.
The Mount Rushmore sticker above was added later.  It came from a sticker book that I bought the next day at Wall Drug.

And to fill the page more, I used some of the stickers I printed out...

I picked up a brochure too...

Just a shot of how I included it so it could still be read...

Last stop of the day was the Crazy Horse Memorial...
A couple photos above, you can see the postcard I bought.  I did part of my journaling on the back of it.

I included the brochure from here as well.  And attached it so it could still be opened up...

The last Crazy Horse page...

After we got to the hotel that evening, I sent my photos to print at the Wal-Mart next door.  I will admit, that we were never working current on our pages for the rest of the trip.  We had missed a few days due to late nights and then started working again on this night once the photos were printed.  But we were never current again.  I really loved being current, but I'm very glad we didn't give up after we got behind.  We did well on continuing to collect stuff and keep it organized.  That's something I may plan for differently if we do this again.  Maybe a small accordion folder to put stuff in each day, so if we do get behind it's all properly grouped together.  We actually did ok though... so maybe it's not really an issue.

And the project life page for the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment