Friday, September 21, 2007

experiment day

Man, I'm losing it! I just typed in my title and somehow hit "publish" without actually typing anything in the body of my post! :-)

I'm trying to establish a fun schedule for homeschool this year. Monday through Wednesday are a serious "buckle down" days. Not only is it good to get going on our tough stuff at the first of the week but the kids have classes Monday through Wednesday afternoons so it's good to stay home those days. Thursday is free and clear... we have no classes and/or activities so I have now deemed that "field trip day" (this may change to movie day - we love to get the IMAX movies from Netflix that go along with our science - once the weather starts to get really cold) . That brings us to Friday... we usually have our homeschool recess group on Friday afternoons so we just have the morning (most of the time). So, I think we will make Friday "science experiment day". We're doing two science programs this year so I think we will alternate our Fridays. Last week we worked, not really on an experiment, but on starting our Astronomy notebooks. Today we had more time (our builder was stopping by to talk about repainting our walls so I stayed close to home all day) so we did two weeks' worth of experiments from our other program. It was really fun! We're studying water at the moment so it was really nice that it was warm enough out that we could just do everything out on the back deck. The kids had a great time... especially when the last part of the experiments was to make your own bubble solution and bubble wands.

Here's a layout I did with some pics I took today...

details here

Other than that... nothing much to report! I'm really, really sleepy so I'm heading to bed.

'nite!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great layout! And I love the story behind it.

    I'm not homeschooling, but wouldn't mind doing some extra tutoring. What system are you using?

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete