Sunday, September 30, 2007

weekend report

This weekend was crazy... but we had a lot of fun!

Saturday started like all of our other Saturdays recently... with taking Clara to dance rehearsal. This week I was in Clara's Ballet I class taking photographs. I have a ton but I haven't gone through them all yet. Here's just one of Clara with her instructor in the background...

She really takes her class seriously and tries very hard. Its tough for her to keep up with the big girls in her class... but she doesn't give up.

As soon as Clara's rehearsal for her role (snowflake) was over, Jeff and Alex picked us up and we were off to Six Flags Great America!!

The company Jeff works for had rented out the park for the day. So although we didn't get there until 3:30 and only had about 3 1/2 hours before closing, we had a fabulous time!

Here's a shot of the kids right after we entered the park... Alex was tired (he and Jeff had gotten up at 5:45 so they could go for their weekly bike/run... Jeff runs and Alex rides his bike... yesterday they went 7 miles)... and Clara was fairly refreshed having napped most of the way to Six Flags...


It was great! There were so few people there that we could walk right onto most of the rides and some of them the kids got to ride 2-3 times in a row without having to get off. Here's Jeff and Clara driving the cars... yes... I missed the focus a bit on this one... I was riding with Alex and that boy likes to bounce off the center rail of the track... I'm luck I got any shot at all! :-)


We stayed until it closed at 7:00 and that was plenty for the kids... it would have been nice to have had more time, but it was nice that we went as a family (we had toyed with the idea of Jeff and Alex going without Clara and me because of her dance commitment). It was good that we went all together because it meant that Jeff and I could avoid the multiple turns on spinning rides since they rode together without us. I don't know what my deal is anymore... I can do rollercoasters and I totally love them but put me on a "spinning tea cup" ride and I'm done for the day... sigh.

Hmmmm.... I was tagged by Holly McCaig, I'll have to think on that just a bit more... so I'll post my list tomorrow!

I'm off to the couch!

'nite!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:18 PM

    Hi Tracie! Love the pictures - particularly the Cubs rally and the shots from Great America. I'm displaced in Albuquerque, NM, originally from Chicago (Burbank). Thanks for a flood of memories today!

    Trish

    ReplyDelete