Tuesday, September 11, 2007

pictures... as promised!

As promised... here are a few of my pics from our trip to Missouri last week. I have a ton more (including a whole day at Silver Dollar City) but those pics will have to wait for another day. I also have a ton of pictures to go through from Jeff's company picnic on Sunday. I'm just chipping away at them, a little at a time.

Here's a photo to illustrate why you should fear the day Clara turns 16....

Thankfully she wasn't really driving... the golf cart was actually turned off.

The kids did a lot of fishing in my dad's pond. They had a great time since the fish were really biting...


I have tons of pictures of the actual fish that they caught, but I thought I would spare you those.

The watermelon pics are actually from our first night there... but the scary fact is, my camera's image counter just "rolled over" on our trip and started over at zero and I'm too lazy to reorganize the pics...

mmm... don't you just love the drip of watermelon juice and dirt running down her arm? LOL!

And finally... I'll leave you with a couple pics of two of the 30+ hummingbirds that hang out at my mom and dad's house. I honestly don't know how many there actually are... they're just too dang quick to count... but they're everywhere. They're also not all that afraid of you. I was standing within a couple feet of the feeder when I took these. This was quite adventurous of me given that I have an irrational fear involving birds, beaks and my eyeballs.

These guys are FAST!!

Okay... that's it for me. We started school yesterday and so far, so good. I thought my tough time would be with Clara given that this is the first year that she has HAD to do school... but honestly, my issues have been with Alex. He's not used to not having my full attention. We have some kinks to work out but overall it's been good.

Now I'm going off to bed!

'nite!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, the golf cart pic is hysterical!! That will definitely have to be used as the announcement for "Clara is turning 16".. haha..

    Love the pics! =) And good luck on a new school year!

    ReplyDelete