Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday already?

I can't believe I haven't posted anything since Wednesday. I'm not really sure what I was doing the rest of last week.... I know the chaos which was our weekend... but I'm not sure what happened to last week.

So, with that... I will backtrack just a bit with the photos.. here are some from our trip to Silver Dollar City a couple of weeks ago....

This photo illustrates one of major perks of homeschooling... getting to go to amusement parks on the off season. Silver Dollar City is a great destination for homeschooling families because it's one of the few parks we've come across that all of the rides still run after schools are back in session. The only ride we were not able to ride that day was the Waterboggan, because that one they do shut down after Labor Day... but everything else was open. Not only was everything open but nothing had a line... we were able to ride rides again and again, without even having to get off.

So, here is the photo of my kiddos riding alone on the kiddie roller coaster... and I believe they rode it at least 4-5 times before they decided to get off.

Jeff and Clara on the swings...

Alex on the swings....

My dad riding the Elephant ride alone... he insists... what can you do? (hi dad!)

Oh wait... he's not alone... he's actually riding with Clara! And look... there's Alex! :-)

We had a great time... even though we rode the water rides so many times that my clothes were so soaked that they never fully dried out. It wasn't fun, but it was okay while we were there... however, it was not amusing to still have wet pants when we stopped to have dinner on the way home. I felt like I needed to explain to random strangers that no, I had not wet my pants, but that we had ridden the American Plunge four times in a row earlier in the day. Oh well.

This weekend was chaos with rehearsals. Clara had dance rehearsal on Saturday most of the day and Alex had rehearsal for the musical he's in today. Clara's dance rehearsals are tough... they really work the kids hard and she's the youngest one by over a year so she has a lot of ground to cover. I asked yet again, if they thought she was too young and this was too much for her.... I would much rather pull her out now than have her still struggling at performance time, but they said she was doing fine and to keep her in. She loves it and says that she had a great time.... so we're going forward.

Well... I'm going to go and watch the end of the football game.... I'm currently losing my fantasy football game to my brother-in-law by 9 points so I'm going to go and see if my QB can help me out a little!

'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment