Thursday, September 20, 2007

museum day!

We decided that today would be a good museum day for school. We doubled up our assignments yesterday so today would be clear. So as soon as we managed to get around, we were off to the Museum of Science and Industry. Getting there started out a bit rocky because I had assumed that we would just take the bus that goes directly there from Michigan Avenue... silly me, I didn't realize that that particular bus only ran on weekdays Memorial Day through Labor Day. So after three "L" trains (one of those wasn't necessary, I just needed to get off the one we were on so I could consult my map) and one bus... we finally made it. We had a great time and our trip home went without a hitch.

Shortly after leaving the house to go to the museum.... we ran into Alex's favorite dog ever (but don't tell Friday).

Meet Clyde....Clyde wouldn't look at me... he kept his eyes on Alex. It was so funny to see his little bulldog body sprinting, pulling his owner along behind him when he spotted the kids. They seriously love each other.

Here's the attempt at a group shot... notice how only the dog is looking at me... sigh.It was just incredible having the museum basically to ourselves today. There were some other people but only a handful of kids. Last time we went on a Saturday we never made it into the Idea Factory because it was too crowded... so crowded in fact that they were issuing tickets for admission. Today at one point, Clara and Alex were the only two in there. Just another perk of homeschooling :-)


The kids had fun playing in the Imaging section... here's "thermal Clara"....

The only drawback to today is that several sections were closed for repairs. There was nothing really open in the space section.... but we got in on free passes today so no complaints from me. We stayed until it closed today and didn't even make it to the second floor. We'll have to hit that next time. Oh... one thing we did this time that we had never done before was the Zephyr tour... it was really cool... it was one of the kids' favorite things we did today. Another favorite was the Coal Mine which we have to do each time we go.

Well... I'm exhausted... so I'm heading to the couch!

'nite!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:51 PM

    I love the one of "thermal Clara"!!!

    ReplyDelete