Sunday, September 02, 2007

we're back from Michigan!

Just a quick post tonight... we just got back from Michigan this afternoon and tomorrow morning we head out to Missouri for the week. Here are just a few pictures from our trip (quickly edited, so keep that in mind... lol).

Apparently the hula hoop they found was a very popular toy.

Here's Clara's attempt...
And Alex's (he actually did quite well)....
I wanted to play with backlighting at sunset and the only way Clara would cooperate was with the hula hoop involved.... sigh.

BTW... I totally s*ck at backlighting! I took so many crappy photos that it's not even funny. :-) I need to study some more and try it again.

We had bonfires both nights... the first night (pics below) we had the bonfire at my in-laws' house... the next night we went next door to their neighbors' cottage.
And what bonfire is complete without roasting marshmallows and making s'mores? Grandma even had butterscotch chips so Clara could make one as well (Clara's allergic to chocolate)...
(the pic above is really noisy... but it is what it is... I'll run it through neat image later)

And finally... I took entirely too many pictures of the sunset our last night. This is SOOC, just resized for the web.

Okay... I'm off to bed so we can drive about 9 hours tomorrow. The kids are excited though since going to Missouri always means a trip to Silver Dollar City.

See you next weekend!

'nite!

(oh... I just wanted to say "hi" to the new people who have commented lately!! I get so excited when I have comments... LOL!)

4 comments:

  1. I guess I should make a comment since I've been reading your blog for a while. I love your pictures!! I think your blog is one of my favorites to read. Just thought I'd let you know that you do have fans even if they don't comment.

    P.S. I can't remember how I found your blog, but it was linked from someone else's blog. Also, I linked your blog from my scrapbook blog...I hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto here!! Love your photos, and your scrapping and your blog!!! I always want to go TAKE PICTURES after I look at your work! (And then wish that mine turned out as beautifully as yours!!!) Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great series, Tracie! I'm an outdoors-lover and these all remind me of our own cottage. I LOVE campfire shots. And I LOVE marshamallows too! I can't imagine being allergic to chocolate [oh, the horror!!!] but how cool to try s'mores with butterscotch chips. How about white chocolate chips? Mmmm, I might try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, you sure do know how to keep busy, girly! ;) Sounds like WI was a wonderful trip & enjoyable!

    Let's still plan on getting together soon... My wedding is only 12 days away!... EEek! haha

    ReplyDelete