Monday, October 01, 2007

Go Cubs Go!!!

Today the kids and I took off in the middle of the day and went down to Daley Plaza for the Cubs rally. We had a lot of fun in spite of the weather... or at least how it started out. It was grey and drizzly... but the rain stop not long after the rally started. The kids and I got there early and were able to get pretty close to the stage... however, when you're a kid in a sea of adults, you just can't see that well even if you're just a few yards from the stage. So we made a command decision and headed for the back of the plaza to stand on a bench. We were much further back but the height really helped the kids.

Just a few random shots...The governor...

Trust me, they enjoyed themselves a lot... they were annoyed at my photo request, hence the bored distracted looks...
The first part of the rally was a bit slow, but then they got to the fun stuff. Highlights from the season on the big screen were fun... the kids got into that. It was also fun to sing along with a videotape of Harry Carey singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame. And then they ended with Go Cubs Go...



The kids sang this all of the way home.

WGN has good footage of the rally so you can get a better picture of what was going on... WGN homepage. I wanted to link directly to the videos but that takes more brainpower than I currently possess.

Okay... that's it for me today!

'nite!

2 comments:

  1. While I'm not a cubs fan - I do love fanfare they create for the city!!!
    How thrilling that you and the kids had a fun day out and about with a bunch of other fans!

    (btw - the only reason I'm not a fan is because their games would screw up my parking ;) - and I was even over in Roscoe Village, not wrigleyville - lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan is so excited about the Cubs and might be there this weekend for a game- or might catch one in AZ! He has downloaded the "Go Cubs Go!" song on his ipod and the kids run around after (or during) every game singing it.

    ReplyDelete