Monday, October 08, 2007

monday, monday

Crazy weekend here again. We really didn't do too much though. Saturday was dance again as usual. Saturday night we watched the Cubs lose, but I don't really want to talk about that. We watched the original Shaggy Dog for family movie night. I wasn't sure how it would go over since it's probably the oldest movie the kids have ever watched (we watched the colorized black and white version)... but Alex laughed through the whole thing (Clara fell asleep but that's typical Clara). Sunday we didn't go to church since so many streets in the city were blocked off for the marathon. We stayed home and watched it on tv instead. It was extremely exciting this year... all three of the big races, the wheelchair, the men's and the women's... all came down to the finish. After that we walked to the bookstore to pick up the new Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame issue to see my layout. I got a chance to sit down and look at it last night and there are some amazing layouts in there. I think I found some new favorite scrappers to follow! :-) After the bookstore we wandered up to the ice cream store. Isn't it a bit sad that we were so hot that we were in search of an ice cream store on October? It was in the upper 80's!! The store we went to had pumpkin ice cream... Alex and I chose that... yum!

I attempted another Paris layout today but it didn't go well. Oh well... the roll I was on was good while it lasted. I did find this photo that I had ignored because it was so dark. I decided to play with it and although it is EXTREMELY grainy... I kind of like it.
It is from the top of the staircase in the Arc de Triomphe looking down. I was having a mild panic attack at the time so I didn't mess with my settings much, I just took the picture and hoped for the best... hence the reason it was severely underexposed.

Today was Columbus Day and the schools were out around here... however, my kids did not realize this so we did school this morning before heading to an art "class" one of the moms in our homeschool group was organizing this afternoon. They looked at fonts today and how different kinds of type can convey different feelings/meanings. They all seemed to have a good time and it was fun to hang out with our friends.

Just a couple of photos and then I'm out of here...
The kids on a bench.
And my friend's adorable little Yorkie. I love my Friday girl, but I get the itch to have a little lap dog every time I visit their house!

'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment