Friday, October 05, 2007

two in a row!

Yup... two pages in two days... what is wrong with me?!? I think what did it is that I finally let go of the idea of using the same kit to scrap my entire Paris album. I just can't scrap that way. Apparently I'm going overboard on this whole idea because the last two pages I've done have used very little in the way of scrap products. I love them though!
details here

Nothing much else to report. Today was experiment day. We're still studying water and this round of experiments was about "disappearing" water so we started a whole bunch of wait and see type of experiments. We have trays of water stashed all over the place to see which environment facilitates the best evaporation rate. Clara has been checking them repeatedly... and I'm pretty sure that there has been no change in the water level of the tray of water in the cabinet under the powder room sink.

It rained today so we decided to meet somewhere indoors for our homeschool recess group. So today we met at the Nature Museum. The kids had a great time. We got there just in time for the fish feeding. There were several kids all gathered around for the feeding but slowly, one by one they wandered off... by the end all that was left was our homeschool kids, asking and answering questions... it was amazing how focused they all were. Then we went up the butterfly room for the butterfly release. Each day they release the newly emerged butterflies into the habitat. Again, our group was glued to the woman who was doing the presentation... asking and answering questions... they were just absorbing everything. Here are a couple of pics that I took...


After that we got a sneak peek at their new Reptiles exhibit. The kids all loved it.... all kinds of turtles, snakes and lizards. We finally left when the museum closed.

So... that's it!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Your Paris album is going to be awesome!

    Love reading all the updates of what you & the kids are up to.. As I've said before, I admire you so much!

    Thanks for the tag btw.. My first time! =)

    ReplyDelete