Thursday, October 18, 2007

wow... thursday already???

How did that happen? This week has been a blur... just lots going on. I have a few assignments I need to be working on and a nice little stack of paperwork to finish up and mail off.

Today we went with our homeschool group to South Pond at the Lincoln Park Zoo for World Water Monitoring Day. It was really cool! The kids got to rotate through five stations taking a different type of reading at each station. They measured dissolved oxygen, nitrates, turbidity, pH and phosphates.

Here's scientist Alex... he wouldn't look at me because he was busy counting since he was supposed to shake the tube for 100 seconds....I wanted desperately to get a shot of Clara in the oversized goggles and huge blue gloves... but as I called her aside to take the picture, she took off her stuff as she walked toward me and handed it off to the person manning that station... sigh.

So, here's one of Clara sans her lab gear....
Like the shirt? She *had* to have it the other night at Bloomingdales.

Well... I'm going to run... tomorrow our homeschool group is coming over the celebrate Clara's birthday so I need to go and work on the cake!

'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment