Sunday, October 14, 2007

Halloween Sneak Peek...

The kids got their costumes today and Alex LOVES his. We made a quick trip to the Disney Store this afternoon and Clara picked up a Minnie Mouse costume (adorable!) and Alex got a Jack Sparrow pirate costume. The hat with the fake hair was just too much for him to handle so we're going the bandanna route.

Here are a few pics I took real quick on our back deck...
See my reflection in the telescope...LOL!
This one cracked me up... notice the big red ring around his eye from pressing too hard with the telescope...
We had a really nice weekend. Clara had dance again Saturday morning. I didn't get to watch too much as I was in the pointe class taking photos. Didn't go as well as I had planned, but I think I learned from my mistakes and will try again during one of the upcoming rehearsals.

Today Alex sang in church twice to promote the musical that the children's choir is doing. He had an extra long rehearsal so we took this opportunity to give Clara a birthday surprise. We took her to the American Girl store for lunch and shopping!! In order to cover up why we wanted her to bring her dolls to church... we told her that Jamie (her doll) had an appointment at the doll salon at AG. We convinced her that her Bitty Baby, Lauren, would probably like to tag along. So we took her in and I took her and Jamie to the salon while Jeff checked us in for our lunch reservations... she had no clue! Lunch was too much fun.... Clara loved the special seat for Lauren that hooked to the table and that they brought Lauren her own little tea cup and saucer. Lunch was good and then for dessert they put a candle in the little cake they brought and sang Happy Birthday to her. Over lunch we told her how much she had to spend and let her look through the catalog. That worked out well because she had her decision made before we left the cafe. It made navigating the crowded store much easier. I took a bunch of pictures, but I shot at a high ISO and they're pretty grainy... ugh. I need to find some kind of noise reduction software for mac. I may just put them on a thumb drive and run them through Neat Image which I have on my pc. We'll see how motivated I get.

Okay... I'm off!

'nite!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tracie, found your blog from the SUAS blog. :) I'm a potential homeschooling mom in the western 'burbs and a wannabe photographer. I don't know if you actually live in the city, but thought I'd say hi. Love the pirate photos! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete