Wednesday, June 20, 2007

do you see what i see???

See that little blue square on the front page of the CK website?


Yup, it's my Mayfest layout! And apparently I can't write with the pen that goes with my tablet... LOL!


I'm going to keep this short since apparently we played in the alley too late again tonight.

See my smiling little girl up there? Well... we had her new patient well visit today and found out that I need to schedule to have some blood work done on her. She's a "healthy", active kid, who eats well and never sits still... yet her body mass charted too high, and add to that her blood pressure was elevated today and a family history that includes diabetes and high cholesterol. So as soon as we can swing it, she'll be going in for tests for high cholesterol and diabetes. :-( The reason I say "as soon as we can swing it" is because the glucose test is a fasting test so we want to be able to schedule it as early in the morning as possible. I'll make some calls tomorrow. Isn't 5 too young to be worried about these things??? I'm dreading this on so many levels... 1) mainly because I dearly hope there's nothing wrong and 2) she is really hard to draw blood from... it usually takes multiple sticks.... ugh. Thankfully she's my tough one.

Okay... I've obsessed enough this evening and spent too much time on kidshealth.org... it's time for me to go to bed.

'nite!

1 comment:

  1. Just read about Clara's appointment.. I hope everything turns out okay! I'll be thinking about you guys!


    Awesome about the layout in CK!! You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete