Sunday, June 24, 2007

head hurts

I hate sinus headaches and I have a major one right now.

We had a pretty uneventful weekend here. Saturday we went to Target. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal to many of you, but since our move I had not been inside a Target until yesterday! I went SIX MONTHS without setting foot inside a Target... and this from a woman who couldn't go six days back in Texas. Honestly we bought nothing of any importance... it was just nice to be back on familiar territory. Clara did add more little bitty animals and teeny tiny accessories to her growing Littlest Pet Shop collection. But since she's been doing chores she has her own money to spend so what can you do?

After that we went to the garden to work on our plot. I wish I would have taken my camera (except for the drizzling rain that was coming down)... you would not believe the transformation that place has gone through in just the past month or so! Each of our pepper plants have a pepper growing, our tomato plants have tripled in height and our basil is doing really well. While Jeff and I pulled weeds and do some other general tending... the kids caught and corralled bugs under the tent. At one time they had about 12 millipede looking things trapped in a makeshift corral they had made on a picnic bench. Let me just say that they are much braver than I! LOL!

Today we went to Home Depot and finally bought some furniture for our back deck....it really looks nice out there and it's really nice to finally have a place to sit down!

Oh... the kids decided to take up scrapbooking today. I'll have to take some snapshots of their work tomorrow. Let me just start by saying that I never was nor am I now a paper scrapper... paper scares me. However, that has never stopped me from acquiring supplies. Now, in my early days of acquiring supplies I bought really goofy sticker sets that you would never imagine me using giving my fairly clean scrapping style. So, all of those odd patterned papers and goofy stickers have been passed on to Alex and Clara... and quite frankly... they love them and made a couple of really nice layouts today... lol!

And speaking of scrapping... here's a quick page that I did this afternoon...

details here

Okay... tylenol is kicking in so I'm going to head to bed!

'nite!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that layout Tracie - it's so... groovy?

    ReplyDelete