Sunday, December 11, 2011

December 9th and 10th...

Yesterday I edited photos until my mouse died. Well... it didn't die, the batteries did. I went up and got two more batteries out of the charger and put them in. They didn't work... found out that the charger had been set to 2 instead of 4 batteries. I picked the half that didn't get charged... I figured it was a sign and walked away from my computer for the evening. :-)

So... backtracking to Friday...

Friday's post is all about hair! First we have Clara...
Ah... there's a smile!
It was dress rehearsal day for Nutcracker, so I had to French braid her hair. Have I mentioned that I really stink at French braiding? Well, I do. But since it's covered by a wig, I don't have to do a great job, but Friday's braids didn't look too bad...(got the right side in one try, but it took about six for the left!)

My friend picked Clara up and took her to rehearsal and then I was off to pick up Alex from school. He had another early release day and had to picked up by noon. He was in desperate need for a haircut, so he got one on our way home...I'm going to be so glad when his other teeth come in! Just having those four teeth up top in the front is killing me! :-)

Mango got jealous and wanted in the photo as well...I really think she was just seeing if Alex had any crumbs left from lunch!

Thursday, when we were at the market, Alex and I found this little angel...
Looks a little like the snow tree angel costume, don't you think?(photo from last year, taken by the children's ballet mistress)

So, I got Clara and her friend one for opening night. They got out of dress rehearsal at 4:15 and had a call at the theater at 5:30 for the opening night show. I picked the girls up and took them to dinner during that time.

They were anxious to get back to the dressing room, but they did let me take a quick snap before they disappeared down the alley to the stage door...Her friend's mom volunteered backstage that night and brought them home. They stopped for a snack and ice cream on the way home!

They even brought them flowers!She was getting a little loopy by this point...
veeeeerrrrrrry loopy......
December 10th...

I took a TON of photos yesterday, but I can't post them (yet, at least)! Clara went to ballet and while she was downstairs, I went upstairs. I had been asked to photograph the trainees' production of the Nutcracker Suite and yesterday was dress rehearsal. It was tough, but really cool. I got some shots that I'm really proud of and can't wait to share them when I can!

Clara skipped her last hour of classes and was picked up by her friend and her family. They took her with them to the Nutcracker Family Dinner! She had a really great time! She had her camera with her, but I don't know if she took any photos since she left her camera in her friend's car. From the dinner, they went straight to the show and got to watch the second act with the other cast members. She was one tired girl when she got home... but still incredibly wound up!

And then there's Alex...
Really crappy random photo... but it's him still half in his ski gear. He joined a ski club and yesterday was his first day. The bus left around 7:30 am and returned at 5:00pm. He had such a great time.... he's already asked us to sign him up for next week's trip even though he had something else that he had planned to do that day. He made new friends on the bus, which was great. The day starts with a ski lesson based on their level and then the rest of day is free for skiing (or snowboarding, if that's your thing). He loves to ski and is thrilled that he can do it more often now... plus he enjoys being part of a club with the lessons and other planned activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment