Saturday, June 24, 2006

clara - up close & personal

Another day with nothing really to report. Jeff and I cleaned cabinets in the kitchen and organized the laundry room - it's looking more and more like "the move" may be happening.... so we need to keep going on this project.

After lunch, Jeff and the kids had a board game marathon.... Candyland, Operation, etc. So much fun to watch. I love kids games EXCEPT operation... I still have childhood flashbacks when it comes to that game. That thing created entirely too much stress for me to handle. I would only play it if the batteries were removed which pretty much eliminated the whole point of the game. Today I tried my hand at photojournalistic shots of them at play... didn't go as well as expected, but much like everything else with photography... I need to keep practicing. Lighting was pretty bad in our family room as well... darn solar screens again. My faves of the day are two of Clara playing with her leap pad while sitting up on the ottoman.


That's the upclose and personal shot of Clara referenced in the title.

Last night I *finally* filled out the online entry form for the fair where my mom and dad live. Mom really likes it when I enter the photography competition... but I always feel a bit strange being the only out of state entrant. Mom says I should just get over it since I lived there longer than I've lived anywhere else, even if I don't live there now. Out of guilt I usually only enter pictures I took around that area though... I have some weird hangups, don't I? Now I just have to decide about whether or not I'm going to enter the state fair again. Part of me just doesn't want to mess with it and the other part of me knows that it just kills me not to try. We'll see once I go through my pics if I have anything I feel worthy of entering.

Well... Jeff should be back any minute with dinner (mmmmmm.... steak fajitas)... so I should run!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:45 AM

    Just came across your blog, LOVE it!!! I have always been a fan of your stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just looking up the Fair on the web trying to find out who is going to be playing there this year! If we go I will have to look for your picture!

    ReplyDelete