Sunday, June 25, 2006

sigh... the weekend is almost over

And yes... it is time for Jeff to pack up again for a week in NYC. Craziness.

Not much went on today in our house. Went to church this morning. It was amazing, we have a new senior pastor and today was his first morning to preach. Just simply amazing... such a dynamic speaker. He talked a lot today about the dangers of just doing the same ol' thing over and over just because it's comfortable. It really got me thinking about our potential move. What real ties do we have to this area, other than its "comfortable"? We do have good friends, a good church, the bestest photo playdate group ever and living is cheap. But we have no family here and it just hasn't been good for Jeff careerwise to be here.... in our whole 4 years of being here, he has never once actually worked in Dallas. Two weeks after we were relocated here, he got all of the central US as a territory and ended up based from home. Our reluctance to moving... is it because we are meant to be here or are we just comfortable and afraid of change? This is the week we find out.... the official offer is supposed to be made. Ugh.

This afternoon Jeff took the kids to the pool and I took a nap! What a perfect way to spend the afternoon! :-) I actually read for a while as well. I'm loving the book Wicked. I thought it would be more of a farce... but it's a really well told story.

Took a couple of pictures of the kid in the bathroom getting ready for bed.... because you know, its really hard for me to get through a day without taking a picture of something. Okay... I'm shooting in manual more and more everyday now.... I just can't believe the difference it makes! I shot the picture of Alex (below) at ISO 1600 and when properly exposed... there's hardly any grain! LOVE IT! No running it through neat image or anything!


Well.... with that I'm signing off and heading to the couch! 'nite!

2 comments:

  1. Great picture, so clear. Great lighting.

    Just bought Wicked, and all the other books he wrote after hearing so many good things, but haven't quite started it yet. Waiting for a rainy day!

    Great work...happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:41 PM

    Hey Tracie - I finally got on your blog!

    Well, you need to know my opinion about you moving.....No. Don't do it. Please. Don't.

    But, as bummed as I would be about it, I know how hard it is to have DH out of town. So do what ya gotta do for your family.

    I had not seen the "bed head" pics. So much personality!. Love that layout, too. See, the only problem with me looking at all of your gorgeous layouts is that it makes me want to start scrapping again, either paper or learning digital. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Not sure.

    Anyhow, I'll check here regularly!

    ReplyDelete