Monday, June 26, 2006

toot toot!

I don't know what is going on but I've had a good streak lately (but I know its going to have to end soon). Anyway... I got an email today from Scrapbook Trends Mag requesting one of my layouts for their October issue!!! I couldn't believe it! It's for the "our home" call and its a picture of our mantel. Fun stuff!

Hmmm..... other than that... just another fun filled afternoon at the neighborhood pool. The kids just can't get enough of it. I, however, need to stop going. Don't get me wrong... I love the water, but I'm beginning to get just a bit too confident with my camera around the water. It's only a matter of time before things go really bad. Okay... it started out innocently enough... I took my camera to the pool... only taking pictures at the very beginning before I got wet. Then it progressed into taking pictures at various times during our visit. Then... I took the camera into the pool but ONLY if Jeff was there with me watching the kids. Then I started taking the camera into the pool without Jeff there. And then, there's today where not only did I have my 20D in the pool but I had it dangerously close to the waterline in order to get this shot....

Clara could do this all day. She loves to just float around the pool on her back with her floaties on. Just look at those cute little pruned up toes!


I did actually scrap a page today. I've been in a bit of a slump lately. I think its the lack of pictures. One can only scrap so many pool pictures! LOL! Other than that, I haven't really been taking many candids of the kids other than martial arts class last week and I really don't have a kit to use with those pictures. So, last night the boy asked if we could take a picture together in the bathroom mirror... so here it is. I really love it. I used the Pride kit by Amy Tanabe for the contest they're having at A Cherry on Top. The cool shapes are made from Shawna Clingerman's super cool Sweet Spot Stapms at NDISB. Love them!!

Well... I'm tired and still have cleaning up to do. I love summer but this whole business of the kids not getting in bed until 10 pm is just killing me. I love that they have neighborhood buddies and they love to play outside at night... but I need some sleep! 'nite!

2 comments:

  1. congrats hun that's awesome news about ST!!! :) we don't get that mag over here though :(

    Love your latest layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool picture... makes me want to go swimming.

    ReplyDelete