Sunday, June 04, 2006

hi there!

Okay... I really mean it this time... I will get better at this!

We just had a crazy weekend! Clara's dance recital was Saturday (with a rehersal on Friday). This was our first year at a studio that had both a recital and a rehersal and I think I really like it. Some moms complain about it but being that I like to take photos (just a little bit.... lol), it's heaven for me! At the rehersal I was able to put on my big lens, sit where ever I wanted and take as many pictures I could while she was on stage. I had time to set my white balance AND meter.... and I actually did pretty well. The second night, at the actual recital, I left the big lens at home and just sat back and enjoyed watching her dance. I did bring my 50mm and took some candid dressing room shots.

Here are some photos:

This was from our practice run with her hair and make-up on Thursday afternoon.


One from her ballet piece... Tale as Old as Time (the Beauty and the Beast theme).

Trust me, I have tons more to post, I just have to edit them. I was just absolutely thrilled with the stage pictures... mainly because I completely messed them up last year. They were just horrible. I used my 70-200 2.8L lens. I ordered just before the recital and that thing scared me to death so I was afraid to use it! This year I practiced, practiced, practiced with it... taking it to several of her dance classes and to several sessions of her tumbling class. Plus I'm getting a little more comfortable shooting in manual. Anyway... another year done... I can't wait until next year!!

Vacation Bible School starts tomorrow... so it should be a crazy week (again!). Thankfully, I'm working in supplies so the bulk of my work is already done!

Jeff leaves for NYC again tomorrow which brings us to our latest topic of discussion... would we move there (meaning the surrounding area) if it meant he would travel less? So hard to answer... but that doesn't mean that we don't analyze the whole thing to death nearly daily.

Well... my family just returned from the grocery store... it's probably time to do something productive... like help them onload!

No comments:

Post a Comment