Monday, August 04, 2008

crud...

I had a post with photos all ready to go, but blogger won't let me upload photos at the moment.

Oh well.

It was an exciting evening here. Storms came through, which is really not a huge deal, usually. I heard it starting to rain so I took the dog out front real quick and when I came back in the kids were freaking out because the emergency alert system thing had come on saying that there was a tornado warning for Chicago, and that it was was going to go through Logan Square, Lakeview, Lincoln Park and then on to Navy Pier. Seek shelter immediately. I was sure they had gotten it wrong... we never have tornado warnings in the city (at least none that I remember) and I had just been outside and it was just sprinkling, so I went on weather.com and sure enough... a rotating cloud (or something like that) had been spotted.

We live in a three unit building and we have the bottom two floors.... so I moved the kids to our bedroom downstairs and went upstairs to tell the two upper units that they were welcome to come and join us. They played it cool, thanking me for the offer but that they were okay. I told them that I would leave our front door unlocked (it's inside the secure front door of the building) during the tornado warning period and they were welcome to come on down.

Well... once I was back here, I had to take the dog downstairs via the outside steps as she refuses to go down the stairs inside our house. No sooner had I come through the backdoor, I heard our third floor neighbor coming down the stairs with his dog. Within minutes our second floor neighbors joined us with their dog. We all hung out in our master bedroom watching American Gladiators and chatting until the tornado warning expired. It actually was pretty nice. All of the dogs kept Clara entertained and calmed her down (she had been in tears up until the time everyone got there).

It was an interesting evening!

Hopefully blogger will let me post photos tomorrow!

I'm off to bed!

'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment