Monday, August 11, 2008

the layout... finally

details here

I'm not sure I'm "loving" this one.... I've had it up in photoshop since Saturday thinking I would make changes because something just wasn't right. But, I could never figure out what it was exactly that wasn't right with it, so I saved it and here it is! :-)

Yesterday was crazy. The kids had a birthday party at Pump It Up in the morning. I decided not to take my big camera and brought the point and shoot instead. Apparently I am completely incapable of using a point and shoot now because the photos I took were beyond bad. It's just a little bit pathetic, isn't it? I'll have to post some photos later to show you what I'm talking about.

We had to leave the party early in order to get Clara to the Nutcracker audition. We were all going to leave but our neighbors offered to take Alex home with them after the party was over, so he got to stay. We made it just in time and the studio was PACKED!! When it was all over, everyone had gotten a part in the Nutcracker except for two who were chosen as understudies. Clara got a role, but we will not know what it is until they do the role casting class next month.

She really wasn't feeling well at all by the time the auditions were over and curled up in a chair next to the studio owner while we waited for Jeff to pick us up. I expected Alex to be with him when he got there, but he was still over at our neighbors' house playing.

Last night we finally watched the end of the opening ceremonies that we had recorded Friday night and then we settled in to watch last night's competitions together. Unfortunately, the kids went to bed right before the men's 4x100 freestyle relay. Jeff and I were out of seats for that one. Thankfully I found one recording of it on YouTube this morning that hadn't been pulled yet so the kids could see it. This was the reason we ended up being 15 minutes late to VBS this morning.

Well... speaking of VBS, it's about time for me to head out to pick them up!

Happy Monday!

P.S. Thank you all so much for the kind words and emails from those of you who found my blog through the Card of the Week site!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:28 AM

    Good work on the audition Clara!

    we were cheering for the US in the womens 4x100. Natalie Coughlin was here (as in here Treasure and beachcomber) this time last year and she signed t-shirts for the kids. Very exciting to see her win gold in the backstroke!

    ReplyDelete