Thursday, August 16, 2007

air and water show preview?

That's what we were hoping for today. I had heard that they start their practice runs on Thursday for the Chicago Air and Water Show... so I went home after dropping the kids off at VBS, packed a picnic lunch and grabbed the towels and swimsuits. I picked them up and we headed across the street to Oak Street Beach. We were going to go to North Avenue Beach but I was feeling lazy and I wanted to stick close to the bus in case it started to rain (it was really overcast). We could hear jets as we headed to the beach... and then we saw them... about three or four. They flew around for awhile but that was it. I'm not sure if it just wasn't a true practice day or if the weather was a factor. Regardless... we stayed and played and had a good time!

Can you tell that Clara slept in sponge rollers last night? Her hair was obnoxiously curly this morning but by the time we hit the beach, most of them had fallen out...This guy was after our lunch...
One of the jets... I had the wrong lens on my camera... I just didn't feel like hauling the 70-200mm 2.8L down there with everything else I had strapped to my back.... so this was just with my 85mm... maybe this weekend I'll get out the other lens when I have an extra set of hands with me to help with the kids and paraphernalia...





Well... I still smell like the beach so I'm going to go shower so I can go to bed soon!

'nite!!

Please, please don't forget about the contest! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Tracie! I absolutely love that picture of the buildings on the west side of LSD. That is simply and purely awesome.
    Sorry that Ms. Clara is not feeling well :( poor kiddo!

    ReplyDelete