Monday, August 20, 2007

Monday, Monday....

Another damp and dreary day here. Honestly, I love days like today... especially since it was a total "stay at home" day for us. Well... that was until this afternoon when Clara had gymnastics and Alex has cooking class. It's so nice to be lazy once in a while and with the rain, you don't feel guilty about staying home.

I did manage to sneak in one picture of Alex between rain showers..... Comcast was here to "fix" our phone and internet this morning. The guy professed to have found the problem and claimed to have fixed it. However, later this afternoon both our phone and our internet went out. To be fair, the guy said that what he did was his first run at fixing it. He was hoping that would take care of things... but he told us specifically what to call in and ask for if his fix didn't work. So, Comcast will be out here AGAIN on Wednesday.

I cannot wait to get this fixed! It's been making me crazy! It seems to be working well enough lately that I should be able to scrap again though. Before I couldn't even shop, let alone download any product. AND... my computer would eventually freak out (especially if I had PSCS2 open) after the connection went out several times. I kept having to reboot all of the time and it eventually got to the point where it just wasn't worth it.... sigh.

On the upside... a little retail therapy over the past week has improved my mood on the technology front. I have all kinds of new toys either here already or on their way. First of all, last week while the kids were in VBS I walked down to the Apple Store... overwhelmed myself and had to go outside and take some deep breaths before going back in. That time I walked out with a new 30gig Video iPod to replace my old hot pink iPod mini that died in the rainstorm in Paris last May. I really went in to the store to buy another cute little bright colored iPod (the nano)... but with the 30 gig iPod being the same price as the 8 gig Nano... I just *had* to go with the video iPod. Sure, it's plain white... but I have my eye on some cute cases.
They had these at Borders on Michigan Ave... just couldn't make a decision at the time.

Then yesterday was the big damage day... we went back to the Apple Store after church to look at the new iMacs. We were all set to buy one when the guy convinced us to just go home and order from the website so we could use the educator discount (which we qualify for since we homeschool). What a great deal! We now have the following items on their way... a new iMac with 20" monitor (we upgraded the memory and the hard drive), microsoft office, adobe creative suite and the free iPod that comes with the purchase of a iMac using the educator discount (too bad I just bought mine last week... sigh). Fun, fun stuff! I can't wait!

Okay... I've been rambling... off to go spend the rest of the evening with my husband!

'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment