Wednesday, August 15, 2007

wish me luck! lol!

I'm going to try to sneak this post on here before Comcast cuts me off again. This week has been the final straw. We're done with Comcast and Friday (once Jeff's back from his business trip) we'll work on changing our phone and internet. Last night our phone went out in the middle of Jeff's call and didn't come back on all last night. The internet went out at the same time too. Usually it goes in and out... but last night it went out and stayed out... so I gave up and just went to bed. I really dread changing our phone number and email addresses yet again (and so soon after the move) but we really have no choice. So, just for future reference... DO NOT get the Comcast Triple Play deal even if it sounds like a really good deal... it will just takes years off your life from the frustration of it all. Deep breath... moving on....

Yesterday while the kids were in Vacation Bible School I went to the Museum of Contemporary Art (it's free on Tuesdays). While there I found out that they were having a free kids art program from 1-3. So after a quick trip through the museum (just to preview) I went back to pick up the kids and after lunch we went back over to the museum. I'm so sad that we discovered their kids art program so late... it was really cool... but unfortunately this was the last one of the summer. The kids made clay covered jars, tissue paper flags and wikki stik (must get some of these) artwork. After finishing our projects we went inside. Unfortunately they don't allow photography inside so I have no photos. The kids LOVED the museum, especially the Escultura Social: A New Generation of Art from Mexico City exhibit. They definitely want to go back (Alex suggested that we go every Tuesday).

Anyway... I'm running out of time before we've got to be out the door for VBS... but I'll leave you with a few pictures....

Alex called these guys the Popcorn Guys... because they looked like buttered popcorn... LOL!

Alex and his jar... he made a face on his and called it the "sea king"...
Clara working on her jar....
Clara and her jar.... can you tell how worn out she was??


Please don't forget about the contest I'm having... details here!!!

bye!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:39 PM

    TK, sorry about the comcast...just keep me informed about email etc. ok....

    I wish I had been with you and the kids at the art museum. What fun Clara and Alex must have had and I can just see them absorbing all the art at the museum. You are such a good mom, taking your children on learning adventures. I just really wish I had been there to!!!

    ReplyDelete