Friday, August 24, 2007

Cirque Shanghai

Today we went to Cirque Shanghai at Navy Pier to celebrate my friend's daughter's "gotcha day". It was two years ago today that my friend, Natalie, got her daughter, Mallery, in China. I took a ton of pictures in the show and out on Navy Pier but I'll save the Navy Pier pictures for another day... maybe tomorrow.

The Cirque Shanghai was absolutely fabulous... the kids were totally captivated. And then... as they opened the curtains for the finale, things went wrong.... we heard a snap and one of the cables broke on this swing thing that had about five people on it. None of our group actually saw the one girl fall, we just saw her lying on the stage afterwards.... she was sitting up somewhat... but didn't get up. There was confusion and they finally closed the curtains and just ended the show. We never knew what happened. I just hope she was okay.

Here are a few of the pictures I took...












Oh... and our internet/phone issue is back... so let's hope this posts!

'nite!

3 comments:

  1. hi tracie! i don't usually post, but i'm a regular reader/lurker... anyway, wanted to tell you that these photos are especially amazing (because all of your photos are generally amazing!) can you tell me what lens/settings you used on these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:12 PM

    OMG Tracie, these photos are amazing. Well done, I really enjoyed looking through and sitting in awe at their amazing talents (you showcased them well).

    Simply Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:07 PM

    These are amazing .. You seem to be having the best summer times!! Wish I was there to share some ..
    We had such a great time with you and the kids!! I know! I know .. it took me long enough to post .. But I have now!!
    You will have to go check out the pics I took of the kids!!

    ReplyDelete