Wednesday, August 29, 2007

wow

I'll get to the "wow" in just a sec... but I'll start with a pic of Clara. I know today was supposed to be our stay-at-home-day... but apparently we ended up at the park....

Now... the "wow".... I know it's in lowercase letters... that's not because I'm underwhelmed and being sarcastic... it's because I'm so completely overwhelmed that I'm practically speechless.

Yes... my prize packages from the Memory Makers Masters Contest were delivered today... all FIVE of them!!! I was so caught off guard by the number and size of them that I just had to look at them for a while.
Then the kids spotted them and they went crazy! They were soooo excited.... I couldn't figure out why since the boxes weren't for them... then Alex said "mom, when you get all of your stuff out, can we have the boxes?". So there you go... that was the real reason...lol! So, I let them get the scissors and go to town on the boxes....
Which they emptied rather rapidly, piling everything several items deep on our dining room table.

Once they accomplished that they took the boxes and the bubble wrap and sprinted off. Leaving me alone with all of the "stuff". I got to go through it all piece by piece while I attempted to neatly stack everything back by the wall so we could have dinner at the table.

I have no clue where it all is going to "live" right now. I meant to clean out the cabinet by my desk to put it all in, but you know... that just didn't happen (yet).

Well... tomorrow we head to Michigan and from there, we go to Missouri (we'll come home for a night in between the two)... so I'll figure it out when we're back.... oh and I promise to take better pictures of the items too.

I'll be back in a few days!

'nite!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:17 AM

    Just like Christmas, I bet! So funny about the kids and the boxes-that is something mine would do, too-lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always share that stuff with me. (wink, wink) And my boys wouldn't mind the boxes either. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:38 PM

    Sooooooooo jealous .. WOW!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete