Sunday, December 02, 2007

the advent wreath

Today at church they had a family activity to make your own advent wreath. Alex was in choir so Jeff, Clara and I went to make a wreath. We've never done one as a family before (I've never done one... ever) so it was fun!

Here is Alex lighting the first candle after we had read our lesson for tonight. As you can tell... he takes his job VERY seriously. Clara's turn to light the candle is tomorrow night... there's a good chance something other than the candle (or in addition to the candle) might end up on fire.
I took both of these using my external flash (which I'm afraid of), with it bounced off of the ceiling. The second shot is not a quality shot by any means, but I needed to post it in order for you to fully appreciate Clara's creation. This is what happens when you turn Clara loose with a floral foam ring and a nearly limitless supply of greenery. Oh... and this is even after leaving a trail of evergreen parts all the way from our church to our house... sigh...Oh... see our tree in the background? Notice that it's just a mini-tree on a table? Well, there's a story there.... not a happy one either... but I'm over it and moving on. But my question is, how does one lose the top third of a Christmas tree? Perhaps our movers could answer that one... but sadly it's taken us a year to notice that we don't have it anymore.

Okay.... I still have things to do and I desperately need to relax as well... so I'm signing off!

'nite!

Oh... if you're interested a posted about one of our favorite holiday traditions on the Memory Makers Masters Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:44 AM

    Your movers leaving part of your tree behind cracked me up. Though I am sure it was not very funny for you guys. We get all our xmas books out every year and Alyssa has picked one out each night (since we got them out about 10 days ago) to read. It is nice that she is reading them to me now (and sometimes reading to Jordan too). What a great idea to wrap them and have a surprise each night. I might do that today and start a new tradition. We already cap it off with "The Night Before Christmas" on 12/24.

    ReplyDelete