Wednesday, April 02, 2008

here we go again...

okay... must vent and then I can move on. I have a love/hate relationship with Comcast. For months things will be great... internet, cable, phone... all working perfectly and then, one day with no warning... chaos begins! For some reason the cable never goes out... but the internet and phone flicker on and off all day without rhyme or reason. Customer support will swear that everything is fine on their end and will send out a technician who swears everything is okay at our house because... of course... it never does the flickering thing WHILE they're here!!! UGH! It was really really bad last summer and they finally got it fixed (after about FIVE service calls), it briefly flickered again in the fall (just one service call) and now it has started flickering again. Last night it appeared to be working all day UNTIL I went to publish my blog post. Frustrating.

Thank you Alicia and Becky for pointing out the font issue with my blog yesterday. That was another freaky thing... when I made my changes I didn't mess with the font (other than color) and it looked fine on macs... but when I looked at it on my old pc I saw exactly how messed up it looked. I couldn't figure out how to fix it without starting over with a new template so that's what I did... but I lost my links down the side. I'll have to work on getting those back up again.... sigh.

Okay... on to the good stuff!

Here's my layout I mentioned the other day...
The details are here (including the journaling if you can't read it here).

Yesterday we joined another homeschooling family for a trip to the Field Museum.

We had a great time and we saw the fabulous new exhibit Mythic Creatures. The kids LOVED it and I enjoyed it too (so much so that I think we might want to go again... lol).

There are more photos from our visit on my homeschooling blog.

We stayed until the museum closed and the kids still weren't ready to go home so we went to the play structure across the street for another hour or so...



(that's Soldier Field in the background)

And then, apparently, there's nothing better than finding a good steep hill to roll down...

Yikes... today's another busy day so I need to get going!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to learn about the problems you are experiencing with your services. On behalf of Comcast, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

    I will be happy to reach out to my executive contacts to get this resolved. Please feel free to contacts me so that I could get more information from you.

    Thanks in advance for giving me the opportunity to assist!

    Sincerely,

    Mark C.
    Comcast Executive Offices
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete