Monday, December 15, 2008

december 13th and 14th

Okay.... I failed miserably at taking a photo a day again this weekend, so to distract you from that fact... I have some photos from our Thanksgiving trip to Missouri to post! :-)

While we were in Missouri, my dad surprised Alex with something new. So.... to add in a Christmas reference, can you guess what it was based on this line from a famous Christmas movie?








"you'll shoot your eye out, kid"










That was too easy, wasn't it? Yes... my father purchased an "Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle" (actually, I don't know if that's the official description, it's the one from the movie though)....


Alex was soooo excited! He was out there with it as often and as for as long as any of us would stay out there with him. He started out with a target but got a little frustrated with that after a while. So my dad set up some empty pop cans and some old pumpkins for him to shoot at. After a bit of that, he was ready for a new target again...
See that look of concentration?

Well... I guess it payed off since here was his first shot on the new target...
Not too bad, huh?

As for this weekend.... it was crazy. Saturday was dance for Clara and swim for Alex. Just our normal Saturday morning chaos. Saturday night was Jeff's work party but as we couldn't find a babysitter, I stayed home with the kids.

Sunday was the craziest day. We had church in the morning, then I got my hair cut and colored afterward. While I was there Jeff and Clara took Alex to guitar. We all came home and had just enough time to eat an early dinner before Jeff had to take Alex to his choir performance at church. He came home and then the three of us jumped in a cab to church. Ugh.... it was miserable! The choir Alex is in was seated in the high choir loft at the front of the church AND they were unsupervised for a while as their choir director was directing other choirs. That got the kids started on a roll of goofing around.... it just spiraled out of control from there (why in the world did they have a full box of Kleenex???). I couldn't take it, and left part way through the service and sat just outside the sanctuary so I could hear the service but not see it. The kids (who were having such a good time up there) were not expecting to be met by an angry mob of parents when they came into the reception. There were several little "conferences" going on in corners throughout the hall. Needless to say we left without staying for the cookies and hot chocolate reception afterward. The kids and I went home and Jeff left for the airport. Fun! (not)

Well, with Jeff out of town, it's my duty to walk the dog, so I should probably go do it (even though it's only 7 degrees out... yikes!).

1 comment:

  1. Brett is leaving in the morning (again) and that means I'll be shoveling snow Wednesday. It's sooo cold...I'm thankful we don't have to walk our dog. I saw on fb that you are now a brunette. I want to see pics! Loved your Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete