Wednesday, December 17, 2008

random things

1. I'm currently living my life to selections from the Nutcracker Suite. This time last year, it was just the one, Waltz of the Snowflakes, that was the soundtrack to my life. This year, it's pretty much the whole thing... but especially the three that Clara has already or will dance to this season - The Children's Galop, The Magic Castle on the Mountain of Sweets and Tea (Chinese Dance). They're permanently looping through my brain. That bad part about this is that certain songs (like the Children's Galop) compell you to do odd things... like start skipping to the music in your head.

2. I really want to take the kids to the ZooLights tomorrow night but I'm also secretly hoping that we'll get the bad weather they talked about so I can stay home, guilt free.

3. I woke up somewhat annoyed this morning... but I couldn't remember my dream that had made me annoyed. That was... until now. In my dream, Alex had gone out to spend his own money on something he "really" wanted. I had assumed it would be Legos... instead he bought a guinea pig but ran out of money before he had purchased any of the things needed to care for a guinea pig. How odd is that one?

4. I think I'm going to read 84, Charing Cross Road tonight. I can't even guess how many times I've read that book. I love that book.

5. I think our dog Friday needs little snow booties. Not really for the snow, but the salt on the sidewalks seems to be getting to her. She's fine when we go out, but as we get home she's been limping.

Okay... I'm off to the couch... a post with pictures will be coming tomorrow!

'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment