Thursday, December 18, 2008

december 17th

COOKIE DAY!!!!!

Yes, yesterday was finally cookie day in our house. The kids had been preparing for this day for weeks. I, myself, had been slightly dreading it. I'm not much of a baker. I like the idea of it, but I run out of steam before I'm done. Well... yesterday, quite by accident, I didn't have to bake at all! I had the kids get started while I emptied the dishwasher. They were doing so well with reading and following directions, that I never ended up "baking"...
I did man the oven and double check a few things... but my main job yesterday was to be supervisor (and chief dishwasher). So while they measured and mixed, I kept on top of the dishes as to keep the post baking mess to a minimum.

They made three kinds of cookies yesterday.... cinnamon sugar cookies (not pictured), pumpkin chocolate chip bars and gingerbread....
They did a great job. Everything tasted delicious!

Here they are decorating the tail end of the gingerbread dough...
The ones in the photo two above they decorated with icing once they were cool. The ones above they decorated before baking. Given that we were getting a bit lazy at this point... I had them put the scraps of gingerbread on the pan "as is" and decorate as they wanted just for our eating pleasure!

As soon as everything was cool and decorated... we packaged them up and delivered them to our neighbors!

If this is how baking days work for us now.... I may "bake" more often! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment