Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December 15th

Oh where to begin?

Yesterday started out just fine. We did school, we snuggled up on the couch and read our read aloud... we went to Clara's dance later. At dance she got her costumes for the party scene and Chinese dance. All was good.

Then, after dinner, while wiping the table, I found this...
Yes, my dear darling daughter had etched her name into our dining room table! She has no clue why she did it... and sadly, I believe her. She doesn't necessarily do these things to be "bad", she does them because she just doesn't think. Ugh. Regardless of the reason, it doesn't change the fact that our table now has her name etched into it... and not even in her neat writing!!!

She went to bed early and proceeded to write me notes of apology on her flip flop notepad she had gotten from the dentist this summer...
translation: Mom, I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry.

Sigh.... I'm hoping for a better day today. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:13 AM

    years down the road everyone will love the etched name...it will bring back memories and laughs

    ReplyDelete