Wednesday, December 03, 2008

december 2nd

Okay... so when I said I would take a photo-a-day in December, I never said that they would be "good" photos!

Already, on just day 2... I had forgotten about my daily photo quest until I saw Alex lighting the candle in our advent wreath last night... I grabbed my camera and took a quick shot without having time to get the exposure right. Oh well.. a dark, grainy photo is better than no photo at all, right?

Sunday was the advent wreath workshop at our church. After Sunday School, I took Alex to the activity room to get started while Clara was in choir, once she was done, Jeff brought her to work on the wreath while Alex went to choir. Again, we ended up with more of an advent bush than a wreath. :-)

I picked up the tween/teen advent booklet by mistake so instead we're doing our nightly readings out of this book that I had purchased a few years ago...



So far, we are really enjoying the readings.

We have several other daily December traditions that I hope to photograph and document soon.

As for yesterday... it was a pretty good day. Our playdate we were supposed to have got rescheduled for next week. We were bummed not to play with our friends who live around the corner, but it was nice to have a day at home after our crazy couple of weeks. All we had yesterday was swim in the afternoon. I'm going a bit crazy with trying to figure out our schedule starting in January. Registration starts next week for both Clara's dance and the kids' swim but neither one has given us the levels to sign the kids up for. At swim they usually tell the kids at the last class before registration begins... that was last night and we didn't hear anything. Clara had her placement class for the new session of dance a week ago Sunday. They said placements would be coming in the mail, but so far we don't have anything. I just feel so unsettled when our schedule is still up in the air!

Okay... the kids are itching to get started on our morning advent activity. Hey... maybe I'll take a photo or two! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment