Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Day 2 of my challenge

First of all... thank you so much for the kind words about my photos from yesterday... it means a lot to me. I was riding that high when I went out for an afternoon walk with the kids. Unfortunately... I came down *real* fast. First of all... when they found out that I was pretty much going out solely to take photos, Clara asked if they could take photos too (with our little p&s). Okay, sure. But in order to limit too much random snapping (and to help with sharing the camera) we decided on a photo scavenger hunt of 5 items for them to find and photograph. Their list was 1) something red 2) a triangle 3) a mailbox 4) a dog and 5) a cat (this was the "bonus" one). We found 4 of the 5 before we got too darn cold (which is the second reason I came down off of my high from yesterday). I guess the third reason was that I just didn't find as many interesting things as I thought I was going to... but then again I was spending a lot of time looking for triangles and dogs and supervising the sharing of the camera.

So... here's what I got....

You've got to love this house.... look at all of those colors... must have been a bear to paint.

Anyone need a Mighty Man?? LOL!
This next one is the picture that almost wasn't. I basically snapped as we were walking away so I could remember the phone number. I'm really liking it now though...

Very interesting place. Just a little store front where they schedule cleaning services, but what caught our eyes was a huge cat climber thing in the front window complete with two cats (and since cats were on the list, we *had* to stop). They saw us looking through the window and invited us in to pet the cats (and dogs which we hadn't noticed before). Apparently they rescue alley cats and abandoned dogs on the side. They invited us to stop by any time we wanted to come and play with the cats and dogs. See what happens when you're on a photo safari! LOL!

Something I have decided though is that my 85mm is not a good walking about lens. However, I'm spoiled by the sharpness and color. I tried a couple shots right in front of our place with my 28-135 IS and am I nuts to think that the color just isn't the same with it v. the 85mm?? The problem is that I have no clue what lens would make a good sharp walking about lens. Hmmm....

Well... its time to start thinking about what I'm going to fix for dinner!

2 comments:

  1. love your pictures! the second one is my favorite. as far as a walk-about lens i generally keep my 50mm on my camera. its small, sharp and has great color. have fun on your photo safaris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally loving the pictures you are getting on your daily photo-safaris. You are inspiring me to get out and take pictures around town-and maybe even take the train into Chicago to get some shots there. Keep it up-you are getting some awesome shots!!!

    ReplyDelete