Wednesday, January 24, 2007

ugh... day 3

I started out so well with this whole thing on Monday! And it seems to just all be going downhill since then! Today could have been good HOWEVER we were running sooooo late to class this afternoon that I had no time to even look for things to shoot, let alone photograph them! I took one shot for the el platform....

And this PATHETIC grainy underexposed shot in the subway station. The thing that sucks about shooting in manual is that I miss some shots like this one when my last shot was above ground, in the daylight and now I'm below ground with ugly yellow lighting. My brain just didn't process things fast enough to switch settings (plus the kids were leaving me in their dust trying to get to class on time or at least not any later). I definitely want to try this one again... maybe next week.Finally... to try to redeem myself somewhat I speedily tried to get the right settings on my camera and try the shot again... however, the kids had already rounded the corner and were on their way up the escalator. So I hopped on behind them and took this. Very odd angle, I know. It was a quick shot I just fired off and this is an in camera crop... I have no clue what else to do with it. Oh... and I tried the urban acid action on it, just because I could.

Oh well... there's always tomorrow!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love the subway one! I have always wanted to take pictures there, but we don't have one anywhere around here. We don't even have a stoplight! The urban shot looks great too.
    miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the urban conversion Tracie, these are pretty good for "quickly taking a picture" !!!! I love your eye for composition, tfs!

    ReplyDelete