Wednesday, January 31, 2007

too darn cold

Today we were going to go to the library to see a puppet show but the kids had no interest in going outside while it was only 8 degrees out.... so we stayed in. Since we really haven't created any news today I was going to share two finds with you.

1) We discovered the other day on our cable (Comcast) in the On Demand section there is a section under "kids" called Activity TV and in that section you can find all kinds of fun stuff. Our personal favorites are the Origami and the Paper Airplanes. We've made 4 different planes so far and one of the origami projects (we're going to go out and get real origami paper before we try many more). Its great to actually be shown each step and have the ability to pause and rewind. Fun stuff on a cold winter day.

2) This one I found out about through a Chicago homeschool email loop that I'm on.... Kiddie Records Weekly. We just discovered it today but the kids are totally in love. I've burned several of them to disc so they kids could listen to them on their own. Alex is sitting on his bean bag listening to Bozo (as in "the clown") and the Birds right now and laughing outloud. He seriously thinks he's just discovered some new character. I think these will be fun for in the car or for them to listen to in their rooms when they have some quiet time.

My fun thing announcement of the day is that I showed the Noble Horse Theatre some of the photos I took yesterday and they have asked if they could use them on their website! Cool, huh?

I didn't take any pictures today... nor do I intend too. Its just too darn cold. My fingers just don't function well enough when its below 20 degrees! LOL!

BUT... here are three from yesterday...

For some reason this depresses me.... heat lamps at the "l" stops are available until MARCH 31!!! I've forgotten how long its cold out up here.


Seriously... I have got to get a grip on the angling. My challenge for myself next week is to not angle my shots! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:08 PM

    I'm a big "angler" and am trying to get myself to angle less - both number of times and amount of angle! I like your city photos - don't get the opportunity to shoot these much myself and they're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - absolutely FREEZING up here (I moved out of Chicago-proper to a farming community about a year ago). As it's snowing in April - you have the vague comfort that it's probably not lake effect snow like they are getting in Indiana.

    Great L shots. If I can give you any insiders POV of living in Chicago with kids, don't hesitate to get a hold of me. We were in Lincoln Square for 4 years, my hubby in Chicago for 15 yrs.

    Oh! sorry - not the crazy sort of stalker - I'm on Shawna Clingerman's CT

    ReplyDelete