Thursday, January 04, 2007

Nothing much...

Thank you Michelle for the cookbook suggestion and Meg.. that recipe sounds wonderful! I'll let you know when I try it!

The kids LOVED their classes yesterday (thank goodness). The little girls in Clara's ballet class seem very sweet. They all seemed excited to have someone new in their class and immediately introduced themselves to her. Alex really liked chess. It was a small class yesterday... only two other boys. Apparently there are more enrolled, but with school not being back is session here, they were not in class. He's excited about playing and even had homework which we worked on after dinner.

Today we stayed home all day. Our water dispenser was being delivered and we needed to be home for it. He came early, but shortly after he left, it began to rain. So... after painting Clara's fingernails and toenails... they put on a never ending show with acts in the double digits. They did a really great job, but they insisted on having the lights out and with the rain, it was all I could do to not drift off (especially since I was lounging in one of their big beanbag chairs at the time).

After waking myself back up, I managed to scrap a page! Can you believe that after nearly 9 months after I purchased it, I finally installed PSCS2??? We're getting along well so far... I haven't really ventured into any new territory yet (oh, except for text on a path), but there's plenty of time for that. Can you believe that up until a couple of days ago, I was still using PSE 2.0??

Okay... here's my layout... I used Michelle Coleman's gorgeous Serendipity kit at Scrapartist.

Just some pics of the kids from when we went to Silver Dollar City the Saturday before Christmas.

I decided that this year in scrapping, I need to venture out of my safe little clean line, graphic world and have more fun with my layouts. With that resolution, I think I may need to go shop for some fun felty things (and other stuff) at Amy Martin's Lily Pad or some of the incredibly fun stuff at Funky Playground Designs.

Okay... I need to go to bed before I start shopping right now!

'nite!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the layout, Tracie! You should venture more often! I don't think I could live without CS2 - I've gotten so spoiled!

    I'm a little late, but I thought I would go ahead and share my favorite crock-pot recipe. This stuff is so tender when you're done that it just falls apart!

    French Dip Sandwiches (from Southern Living):
    1 boneless chuck roast, trimmed
    1/2 cup soy sauce (I use light)
    1 beef bouillon cube (I never put this in - just use beef stock instead)
    1 bay leaf
    3-4 peppercorns (I usually leave these out)
    1 tsp. rosemary, crushed
    1 tsp. thyme
    1 tsp. garlic powder (sometimes I use fresh)
    12 French sandwich rolls, split

    Place trimmed roast in slow cooker. Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients; pour over roast. Add water (I use beef stock) to slow cooker until covered. Cook, covered, on low for 7 hours (I've found that it can go up to 9!) or until very tender. Remove roast, reserving broth; shred roast with a fork. Place roast in rolls, and serve with reserved broth for dipping.

    Yum!!

    ReplyDelete