Monday, January 22, 2007

my challenge

... that I have for myself this week is to take my camera with me each time I leave the house. Everytime we're out and about I always see something cool and kick myself for not having my camera along. Well... this week is going to be different. Now the true issue here is probably not whether or not I have my camera along but whether or not I have the guts to get my camera out and shoot random things while out in public. When I don't have my camera along I'm very confident that I would have taken the shot... however, when I do have my camera I get self conscious and miss the shot rather than draw attention to myself. I'm going to force myself to get over this.

This morning we went to the library.... I was going to take pics of the el coming into our stop. HOWEVER... the trains were running behind so there were lots of people on the platform... I just couldn't do it... I couldn't get my camera out. But... on the way home the platform and the car we rode in was relatively empty... so I had no excuses. I got my camera out.... I took several shots. I even took a bunch on the el.... I had the grand idea of doing panning type shots of Clara looking out the window with the blur of the city passing by. Well... I was concentrating so hard and looking through my camera so much that I made myself "car" sick. Oh man... I really thought I was going to be ill. I put the camera away then! LOL!

Not sure what I may photograph tomorrow... we really don't have any plans to go anywhere... we've got to be home for a few workers to stop by and fix things at the house. Maybe we'll make it to the park or at least for a walk around the block.

Here are my pics from today....


If you want to see these larger... you can see them here.... 2peas.

Well... it's bedtime for the kiddos... gotta run!

6 comments:

  1. well these are just cool! you should definitely take your camera with you...i know i get lots of looks-i just pretend i belong wherever i'm at and people seem to just think i do then! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Tracie, I am going to enjoy watching your posts through the week!

    Could you pass some of that pj style down to the southern part of the state please?

    Too bad about Clara's fall, poor thing. A beehive, huh? LOL, the things they come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so awesome! You don't need to worry about calling attention to yourself - no one will notice. Those are too cool to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh...love these, especially the 2 and last!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:27 PM

    These shots are simply gorgeous! So glad you took your camera on your trip so you could share them with us. Beautiful angles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracie, you're awesome! I too have the same fears of being noticed, and missing great shots! Good for you on taking on that task.. Kudos to you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete