Tuesday, July 25, 2006

the countdown

Well... Tuesday is gone so I just have Wednesday and Thursday to get through before we leave for Michigan. I have done next to nothing on my "to do" list, but I'm oddly quite okay with that. I'll freak out about later.

So, while we're in Michigan I plan on taking the yearly "cousin" picture of Alex, Clara and the cousin Lauren who was 1 in April. We took a trip to Old Navy on Sunday to find matching outfits for the three. It's harder than it looks! I'm so sad, Clara has crossed the line into the "girls" section of Old Navy! I think what bothers me about this is that the "cute" stuff doesn't really exist in this section... it's all pre-teen/teen style clothes... something I'm not ready for at 4 years old. We did finally make a decision... Alex got a button down shirt in a cream, brown and blue small plaid. Clara got the shirt and skirt below....



And for Lauren, we got this adorable little dress...


I think they should look cute together, don't you? Now to figure out where to do the pics. That's going to be the tough part.

Strange day here... the kids actually begged to "do school" today so we did. Clara has made it her mission today to learn to read and has been carting the Bob books around... she'd read the first three by bedtime. I'm trying to figure out our schedule for next school year as school here starts the week after we get back from Michigan. I think I have it figured out... at least the basics. One would think that using mostly a boxed curriculum would make things easier, but at the moment its creating anxiety! I'm sure I'll get over it once I get started.

Speaking of school starting, I still need to get them signed up for their activities. I need to decide on a day for dance for Clara and piano lessons for Alex (he is so excited about them). Clara is changing soccer teams this year and will be on an all girl team with some friends from church... the team is, get this, the pink ponies!!! Too funny!

Well.. it's late and I need sleep. I'll leave you with a pic I took of the girl this morning. This is how she greeted me this morning in my office. You've got to love the shirt... it was in the dress-up box but she has rescued it and insists on wearing it as a "sleeping dress"... I'm not sure the reason for the ears... but she wore them alot of the morning.

'nite!

1 comment:

  1. HeeHee...Clara is such a hoot....you gotta love her for being unique! =)

    I know exactly what you mean about the clothes.....it's horrible! I actually still buy little girls dresses and Gracie wears them as tops....I can't let go. =) I almost bought that dress for Gracie the other day....I'm regretting it too...I might have to make a run to Old Navy today! =)

    ReplyDelete