Sunday, July 09, 2006

moving day

No... we're not moving (at least not yet) but we did spend part of the day moving furniture. We had an epiphany yesterday afternoon during our pantry cleaning that Jeff really doesn't need his home office anymore... since he doesn't work from home any longer. His office was upstairs in the biggest bedroom in the house (after the master bedroom, of course). The kids' bedrooms are smaller but they each have their own bathroom attached... so its a good trade off. Anyway... I've been wanting my office to be somewhere else for quite a while now. My computer is in what was actually designed to be the office in our house but also doubles as our guest room. So, when we have guests (my parents or Jeff's)... I'm booted out of my office for days which is sometimes more than I can take!

The logical thing to do was to move me upstairs into Jeff's old office... lots of space and a big ol' desk... perfect. But there was still alot of room leftover. I briefly fantasized about having my very own craft room... but seeing that I'm more about starting crafts and not a whole lot about actually finishing them... this was just a recipe for disaster. Well.... I'm so excited.... we're moving the homeschool stuff into that room as well!!! We'll have our own designated school room separate from the playroom! The best part is... my computer will be right there so I can check my email, chat on hello, digiscrap, read message boards... whatever... while my kiddos do their school work!!! We've already moved a couple of things in there... a big huge bookcase we got at Ikea a couple of months ago and a smaller bookcase that we've had forever. I got online and found the perfect desk at Ikea for the kids to share. Hopefully, I'll make it to Ikea on Thursday to pick it up. Next weekend we're going to start the official move... so we can be settled before school officially starts next month. Yay! I just hope it works as well as I envision it.

Alex decided that he wanted his training wheels off of his bike today. We've tried it before but this is the first time that he truly seemed ready.


He never truly rode by himself without help today... but we made some definite progress.

Considering he took a lot of spills and never once shed a tear and kept on getting right back on. Watching my children grow and learn, I'm discovering that for the most part, they'll "get it" when they "get it" and trying to force things before then is just an exercise in frustration.


I did scrap a page today but I can't post it.... it's for this month's SWTSB prompt at the Sweet Shoppe so the gallery won't be public until the 15th, I think.

Well... I think I'll go hang out with Jeff while he packs for another week in NYC!

'nite!

2 comments:

  1. You lucky duck! My dream is to have my own craft room but I'm like you....I never finish anything. =) Well, I know it's a bummer for you about not moving and Jeff being gone but I have to say I'm happy you're not going. That sounds horrible doesn't it? You know what I mean! =) Good for Alex...that one fall looked pretty nasty! We tried Gracie and she wanted no part of it...she'll be still riding with training wheels at the age of 13! BTW...Clara and Gracie have the say bike...spooky huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wtg!!!! super you have the classroom separate from the playroom... our extra room is scrap/craft, office, guest, play, starage... too many hats for 4 walls! lol!

    showed dd your son on his bike- she was glad he didn't cry :) wth for him!

    ReplyDelete