Monday, July 24, 2006

monday, monday

So I skipped out on the posting this weekend... I just couldn't do it... our weekend was just too short. Jeff didn't get home until lunchtime on Saturday so we only had a day and a half together as a family. What time I was on the computer, I used to finish up my MMM entries. They're not winning material, but I'm darn proud of them! I so love entering things like this. I always try to be realistic about it and think about what my chances are and if it's really worth the time and effort... but the truth is, I get more mad at myself for not trying than for trying and not winning. I just get caught up in the hype and I want to be a part of it win or lose. I'm going through that with the State Fair right now. The first year I entered I got a blue ribbon so I was thrilled... last year... nothing. And it really is a pain to enter... only picking two photos, having them mounted on foam core and hand delivering them to fair park. AND if you don't place, you have to pick up your photos before the fair starts. But even though I complain about it, it will probably just eat me up to not even try. So... I should probably get going and pay my fees since they're due August 5th.

Have I mentioned before that Clara is nuts? She really truly frightens me at times. Last night she came into my office with no top on, and dancing while singing Hollaback Girl. Okay... not sure where she's heard this song but apparently she has. So, right then and there I decided to go on a quest to figure out what exactly a Hollaback Girl is. Still not sure, but I found this article and it cracked me up. She then went back into her bathroom, came back out and announced that everytime she goes near her tub she hears voices that aren't her. Hmmmm.....

Clara insisted on me taking pics while she was in the tub... so here you go....


Again.... more proof that this girl marches to her own beat.

Tomorrow Shirin is here so it's errand day again. We're getting ready for our yearly trek to Michigan, so I have some stuff to take care of before we go.

Well... the kiddos are in bed and I have zero creativity to scrap... so I'm off to bed! 'nite!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:22 AM

    I hate that song. I had seen that article on what it means before and I think it's hilarious. And yeah Gwen is hitting middle age there. What's she doing writing songs about high school.

    Adorable picture. Your daughter reminds me of my daughter. She's 17 now but she's kinda goofy. While taking pictures of her with her cat last year she kept biting the cat's ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the duck! She is such a little ham.....I can't wait until Thursday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:31 PM

    Lurker coming out of hiding!
    LOL!! My daughter sings that song too and we rarely listen to music other than "kid music"!
    Anyway, I live in Michigan!! Hope you are coming for some fun! :o) LOVE your photos, hope you post some that you take here in MI.! :O )

    ReplyDelete