Thursday, July 20, 2006

it was a good day

I was actually fairly productive today! Yay me! I ran errands this morning and was so organized that I was able to hit 5 places and knock out my shopping list by noon! Oh... and I didn't leave the house until 10:30.

I actually showed restraint today in Hobby Lobby AND Staples. I put the blinders on and bought only what I went in there for... can you believe it? With homeschooling, we don't have the same supply lists as one might have for public school. We have pencils and such here so today I was shopping for the supplies to go with our new art curriculum! This thing looks so cool I can't wait to start it. Anyway... I have a whole big list of art supplies to get so I looked up the HL ad and the Staples ad online to see if anything we needed was on sale. HL had all of the artist paper 1/3 off and their art brushes 1/2 off so I went in just to get those things. My goodness... I haven't been that confused in a long time as I was in the art brush aisle! A 3/4" easel brush??? What is that??? Nothing in the entire aisle was labeled "easel brush". Then a #10 General Purpose Camel Hair Brush???? I found the #10 alright... but in both round and flat and neither was labeled General Purpose! I did the best I could and I'm sure the kids will never know the difference. Oh.... and then it was off to Staples next door for the $.68 packages of Crayola Markers! Gotta love 'em!

The kids spent the day here with Shirin making all kinds of stuff out their Kid Concoctions book. This book is so much fun! I think they made about 4 things out of it today... including lip gloss and silly putty. They played with their concoctions while I FINALLY got out a photo order for a friend.

Oh!! I did scrap... I got one more MMM layout done... so just 2 to go and I did the layout below from pics I took yesterday....

The kit is Figaro by Tracy Ann Robinson.

Well... Jeff's just emailed me to see if I was still up... I'm going to run since the phone will be ringing soon!

'nite!

1 comment:

  1. Now that's time management! =) I'm not showing Gracie this today...she may have a fit seeing Alex with another girl! It's cute.....congrats on almost being done with your entries! =)

    ReplyDelete