Monday, July 10, 2006

i am a dork

Yes... I know... hard to believe, isn't it? LOL! I was sitting here at my desk playing away when I decided to reach back and see if my hair was finally dry..... well, it was... but it just, I don't know... felt weird. Well... it appears that I just may have forgotten to wash all of the conditioner out of my hair in th shower. Nice, huh? I don't know about you, but if I don't do things in the certain order that I do them everyday.... I can totally forget to do them. I assume that I *must* have done step 2 because I *know* I did step 3. Today I didn't shower until 5pm so that was way out of my norm so I'm guessing that was the cause of this oversight. Oh... and before you give me grief for not showering until dinnertime.... I have a good explanation. We spent the afternoon at the pool so I didn't want to shower until I got home.... because I absolutely MUST shower after being in the pool... chlorine makes me batty.... I can just feel it sucking all of the moisture out of my skin and the smell drives me crazy.

Today was a good day. With our potential move on the backburner... I've moved on and totally threw myself into planning our next school year. I am so excited!!! We're doing some really cool stuff this year. I spent quite a bit of time on Netflix finding movies that go along with what we're studying so I can get them in my queue in the right order. I love that they have the IMAX films... we got a few last year for school and they are amazing. I know its not the same as seeing them on the big huge IMAX screen, but they're still cool to watch. Next I really need to sit down and rough out a general plan of our school days. Last year I didn't have a real good plan because it was our first year and I didn't know what to expect. But that was okay... honestly, it was part of the plan I guess... my intention last year was to be as involved and meet as many people as possible during Alex's kindergarten year because that was a low stress year as far as school work was concerned. Now we're part of a wonderful recess group and made some wonderful friends. I think I'm ready to at least rough out an outline of what our days should look like.

Well... I took no pictures today... but I did scrap two pages...

darn Blogger isn't letting me add pictures tonight... oh well... if you want to see them, I did one of Alex and his bike and another one of Clara riding in my dad's old truck.

Well... I should head to bed... tomorrow is going to be a rough one. I'm paying for not finding a dentist for the four years that we've lived here. No cavities but I have to go in to have a deep under the gum cleaning of 1/2 of my mouth. I wanted to just get it all over with at once but the dentist talked me out of it since they numb your face from under you nose on down... so this way at least half of my face is still functional... nice, huh?

1 comment:

  1. hang in there, Tracy.. with the dentist.. something I so need to do...

    as far as steps.. this is so me! I can't get from A to Z without the steps in between or I am off track all day.. the wheels seem to come off!

    did you know I used to teach? junior high.. before my dd arrived in 2000. Anyway, I might have a few things to share with you along the way if you want... let me know :)

    ReplyDelete